Monday, January 12, 2009

Sept 29, 1919

Letter to Gertrude from Chauncey on Aspenleiter letterhead note paper
Dated Sept 29, 1919 PM

Dear Gert:

Was sure surprized and delighted and delighted this morning when I opened the mail bag and the first letter I saw was yours, addressed to me.

It was raining like the deuce when I came down to work this morning, but has cleared up this afternoon. I hate Monday mornings when it rains, don’t you?

Maynard is work at the store now, and wants to go to Detroit next Sunday. So him and I are going down, and I think Jack is going with us. I have not had a chance to ask him so far, but I think he will go along.

We’re going to leave here at twelve o’clock, so that will get us down there at two o’clock. Will we be able to see Gerry, Leona, and you? Can’t we meet you some place? Could you be at the interurban station at two o’clock? Or can we see you at some other place? I think Jack still writes to Leona. Of course boys don’t tell everything to one another like girls do. Remember the argument we had in the Ford, that night we went for a ride.

You said that you wished you were in Pearl Beach, as you needed a rest. I wish you were here too. I am not as sure about the rest.

Well, think I had better close hoping to hear from you before Sunday.

Sincerely you friend: Chauncey

No comments: