Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sept 13, 1919

Letter to Gertrude from Chauncey on faded, wide-rule, note paper

Dated Sept 13, 1919 6PM


Dear Gert:


Was sure glad to receive your letter but had almost given up hopes of hearing from you. Listen! Gert, won’t you try and answer this letter within two weeks, even if you are so awful busy. It is sure quiet around here now and the only time I see anybody is at five o’clock when the mail comes in. Today is Saturday so I suppose everybody will go up to Algonac to the movies. Some exciting life, isn’t it?


Jack, Maynard and I were in Detroit last week. Went out to the fair, but as there were not much doing out there, did not stay very long, but came back to town, and saw a good show at the Cadillac. At least Jack and Maynard said it was good. I thought it was shocking, but of course I don’t know much about shows. You believe I was shocked, don’t you?


The boathouse looks deserted now, as there is nobody staying there. Wish you and Gerry were back there, so that Maynard and I could go down and take you out for a boat-ride tonight. You would go, wouldn’t you?


So you and Jerry did drop out of the club? Does that mean that you won’t be out next summer?


I saw Leona at Tashmoo Park last Sunday. I see her nearly every place I go.


Won’t you please send me one of your pictures when you answer this letter? I am sure that a girl like you must have all kinds of pictures. Well, think I had better close as there is a customer in the store.


I remain, Your Friend,


Chauncey

No comments: