Monday, January 12, 2009

Mar 27, 1920


Letter to Gertrude from Chauncey on brown stationery with French, American and British flags

Dated Mar 27, 1920 PM


Dear Gert:


This is really the first chance I have had to answer your letter as I have been quite busy stocking up the store for summer.


The weather has been great out here for about a week. The ice has all gone out of the river; and a few of the launches are already running. I have been thinking of getting my little old boat fixed up for the summer. I wonder if I shall take you out boatriding this season? I sure hope so.


It would never do to go riding in Maynard’s Ford. The roads are a fright. By the way, Maynard would like to have Gerry write to him. He says he wrote the last two letters and will not write first again.


I did get a letter from, “Buddy. I am glad you let her read that letter.


Well, girlie, I will be expecting a letter from you soon.


As Ever,


A Friend,


Chauncey


No comments: