Monday, January 12, 2009

Mar 5, 1920


Letter to Gertrude from Chauncey on brown stationery with French, American and British flags

Dated Mar 5, 1920 8AM


Dear Gert


Was agreeably surprized to receive your card, as I sure thought you had forgotten your friends at Pearl Beach. I did not know about your hand. A sore hand is a bad thing, isn’t it? I am glad it is better.


Maynard stopped writing to Jerry for the same reason that I stopped writing to you. Because he did not get an answer to his letters. I hope Gerry’s had is better by this time.


The “Beach” has been awfully dead all winter. Will sure be glad when summer comes again. Do you expect to be up this way at all this summer? Would like to take you for another boat ride.


Will look for an answer if your hand permits.


Chauncey


No comments: