Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sept 26, 1919

Letter to Gertrude from Chauncey on “N. G. Aspenleiter, dealer in General Merchandise” letterhead note paper

Dated Sept 26, 1919 PM

Dear Gert:


Will answer your welcome letter which I received a few days ago. This is the first chance I have had to answer it as Mr. Asperleiter is going to build onto the store, and I have been busy moving things out of the way. He is going to put in a soda fountain. I suppose he will get some girl to run it. You’re not looking for a job for next summer, are you?


It is sure dead around here now. Think I will have to get Maynard and go to Detroit some Sunday. As you recommend the “Avenue” so highly think I will go there next time. I am glad you told me where it is.


You said in your letter that you had been reading a book and that someone had locked it in the bookcase. I’ll bet if you could have got hold of that book, I would have been out of luck for a letter. You only write to me when you can’t find anything else to do, don’t you?


Gert, you never told me how those snapshots turned out. I am beginning to think you would not send me one, if they were alright. Remember I am always looking for one.


Listen, Gert, if Maynard and I should come to Detroit some Sunday, wouldn’t there be any way in which we could see Jerry and you, if only to say “hello.” If I can’t do any better I will call you up, anyway.


I do not know if it is too cold to go boat riding, or not as I have not been out in a boat for about a month.


I had better not write too long a letter or you will never answer it.


Your friend


Chauncey


P.S. Please excuse this paper for it is the only thing I could find.

No comments: