Sunday, November 11, 2007

Section Leader???

I joined the 4th-6th grade choir at school last week.

By virtue of being both 15 years older than the students and also faculty at Logos, I have a pile of young altos looking to me to be on key and in rhythm. Very hard. Because I'm very bad. But we are singing Handel's Hallelujah Chorus, which I've done before so I can pretend I know what's going on.

The only problem is that the kids are very cheerful but they don't sing very loud so I very easily get very much louder than they are. I guess I will have to get better than they are pretty quick. Piece of cake. ;-)

2 comments:

Jim Gray said...

Are you an alto?

jo said...

Well, Dr. Schuler told me I was an alto several years ago and I've been laboring under that delusion ever since.

Yeah, I'm an alto. It's really not that bad with the kids, it's just kind of funny.