Friday, September 21, 2007

THUDER SHTORM

I cannot spell on a white board, that is what I wrote on the board. In class today, we began a sample of the assignment my students will finish at home over the next week. We are writing a 300-word descriptive passage in the style of James Fenimore Cooper. Here is what we did in class:

"The clouds enveloped the sky with blackness; the heavy air bore down upon the visage of the hapless youth as he struggled through the curtains of rain. This poor soul quaked with fear as he gazed upon the dark anvil of clouds and envisioned the bleak task at hand."


Everyone else gets to choose their own topics and make it work in the overly-wordy, minute-detail style of Cooper. I think class was fun today, everyone was talking and suggesting things and seemed to understand it and get into it. I think, from the kinds of questions I was being asked, I will get papers about a ninja, a coffee shop, a lake, and maybe the fair.

1 comment:

-E-k-S- said...

You are dangerous with a marker. Sounds like fun. Enjoying the Office?