Thursday, February 15, 2007

You Must Be A Homeschooler If...

At my job I have to put my belongings in a sort of locker. I was given a Master combination lock and the number code. I was not told how to use it.

Since I never went to high school or even Jr. high, I didn't know how to use this lock. So I feel and, I'm sure, look like an idiot as I focus really hard and turn the dial in many more circles than I need to. Even now, if I loose focus and think about what I'm going to get out, or what I'm going to do next, I get distracted and mess it up. So I pay attention and I feel like a little kid.

Here's how to work a combination lock, if anyone ever needs to know:
Step One: Turn the dial to the right, past the first number and then back to it.
Step Two: Turn the dial to the left, past the second number and then back around to it.
Step Three: Here's where it gets tricky. Turn the dial to the right again, but only to the number, not past it.
Step Four: Pull it open.

2 comments:

FireBird327 said...

Ummm, I'm pretty sure that you need to turn the dial 3 times to the right to start. but it's really not that hard, motor skills take over pretty soon and you don't have to think about it.

Richard

jo said...

you can turn the dial to the right as many times as you would like as long as it's more than 2. So, yes, three would work also.

How's your life these days?