Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The Prayer of Jabez and other high school musings

Well, I found an old journal I kept from when I was 16 until I was 18 and I decided it was time to hit the blog again.

A lot has happened in the last 7 months. I work here now: Logos School Materials. I'm the Marketing Director. But I also manage shipping and production. It's kind of a small operation, but it's a great job and I really like it.


I no longer sell cars, I no longer arrange silk flowers, I no longer paint or do bookkeeping, I no longer live in a duplex, or a basement or a cow pasture.

I have a "real" desk job and I live in an apartment building. It's an old converted house near two big old churches so I hear creaky staircases and church bells all day. We call it The Carlyle because the bedroom is through a hole in the closet.

I'm (hopefully, I'll know by the end of the month) going to attend the Executive MBA at the University of Idaho in the fall. That will be cool. I may even have a car to drive up to the classes in Coeur d'Alene, still working on that one.

I've been on a business trip to Austin, TX for the annual Association of Classical Christian Schools. I sold a TON of stuff. Because that's what I do, I sell school (and homeschool) curriculum.

I ride my bicycle a lot now too.

And I go to the laundromat.

1 comment:

Emeth Hesed said...

Congrats on doing so well selling a ton of home school stuff!! You got to let me know how the MBA thing goes. I miss you.

I'm sitting around waiting for my baby to decide he wants to be born. Today was close ... lots of painful contractions on and off, but no labour.

I have a ton of old diaries in Tokyo but my parents moved and now nobody knows where they are. My mother says she knows "they are exactly somewhere." Riiiiiight. LOL.