Friday, July 20, 2007

Grown Up? or Getting Old?

  • Today I went to a place to see about a job (Potting Shed Creations, Ltd. -- kinda like if you locked Martha Stewart in a garden and told her to throw a babyshower). I wanted to turn in my resume, cover letter and application and get a feel for what the place is like. I have heard from a current boss of mine that they are growing like gang busters. The ladies all seemed nice and it looked like it would be a desk job but no cubicles! yay! anyhoo, the first person I met was not the person I needed to see. She walked me over to Cindy (the HR person) and said, "This woman would like to see you about a job." Now, I've been called, "young lady," "lady," "kid," "girl," and even occasionally "person" or "gal" but I've yet to be called "woman." Now I have.
  • I also now own a "spanking stick." This is something that I thought would be longer in coming but I am pleased to lend my utensils to the task of shaping the small people in my life. I think that's kind of what they mean when they ask the congregation if you promise to aid the parents in this task [nurture and admonision of the Lord].
  • This one's for Sharon... I was having a frappe or something about a week ago and I also was dressed up for the Logos Teacher Training where I was working. On the way home I was pleased to notice that there was lipstick on my straw!

1 comment:

-E-k-S- said...

I'm anxious to know if you're working for Martha Stewart yet.
I hope your new whacking stick isn't for your new roommates. That wouldn't be very welcoming.
Yay for lipstick. Was it pink? ;) Love and miss ya.